The Dutch Acrobatics Festival is a yearly event which takes place during the Whit Weekend (May/June) somewhere in the Netherlands. It's the biggest acrobatics festival in Europe, maybe even in the world. The first festival was held in 1987 in Rotterdam.
In 2013 the 27th Dutch Acrobatics Festival will be in Bemmel, from 17 to 20 May.
The festival offers:
- dozens of workshops in partner acrobatics
- workshops in adjacent techniques (juggling, clowning, tumbling, ...)
- special childrens' projects
- plenty of space for free training
- open stage for anyone wanting to show something
- public show with top international acts
Each year the festival draws in 500-700 participants and about 100 visitors from all over the world.
The festival has its own website: festival.akrobatiek.nl